Friday, September 14, 2012

evil angel pt 2


Mandy was a fine young girl. She was married to Lou and they were about to have a newborn child when Lou left her alone to be with a girl who Mandy thought would be her darling little daughter.

I sat next to her when she cried her heart out. I am the one who introduce Lou to her and as far as I know I feel as guilty as hell.

I told her that it is just a phase. But as much as I’m trying hard to convince Mandy about that, I don’t even believe it is a phase. It is more than a phase. It is a disaster.

Mandy took her own life after she left my house half an hour later. Until now I still blame myself. I shouldn’t let her left alone. Actually I didn’t expect her to run away when I was talking to the phone with Chris.

I may be talking to him quite some times because all I knew Mandy were bled out in my bath tub with knife on the floor and her throat slit. She’s choking her own blood!

I took my time crying on the floor near her dead body before I heard my phone rang. I ran to my bedroom and answered the call.

“Mindy, have you seen Mandy?” asked Lou on the line.

“What?” and then I realize my best friend is dead! I’m in shocked and all I could do is cried with her blood still on my hands.

I texted Chris as soon as I came to my sense but it’s all too late. Whatever I done, I will never raise my best friend back from dead.

Chris came as soon as he got my message.

   *****************************************************************************

I was at home with Natalie when I received a phone call from Chris that I need to go to the morgue to identify Mandy’s body.
Mandy’s dead?

I wasn’t so sure what to respond when Chris told me that but to be completely honest, I am in relief. It feels like I have nothing much to concern about other than Natalie.

I sat Natalie on my lap. Natalie just ignores me. She’s too busy with her teddy.
 
“We’re going somewhere,” I said. Natalie looks at me with her sparkling eyes.

“Ice cream?” asked her. Her eyes grow wider as she wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my cheek. She then jump off of me screaming with joy and ran to the front door.

Oh sure. I promised her ice cream if she helps me with laundry today.

I stand and took my keys on the TV cabinet. Natalie is already waiting near the car.

We drive to the nearest Seven Eleven then we’re heading to the morgue at X’s Hospital.

 *****************************************************************************

I got text from Mindy saying “Thanks for everything”

I think she feels guilty over Mandy’s death.

They were like a twin sister. They have same green eyes, slender finger and they wore same size of clothes. I sometimes thought that they were separated during birth.

Heck their names also rhyme the same!

I just am resting my back on the couch outside the morgue when her parents arrive.

 “How this happened?” asked her mom. Her eyes are red and she’s holding damp tissue in her hand.

“I don’t know” is the only answer I can offer.

I mean who would’ve known? She even listed her to-do-list for today and placed them on the refrigerator at my house.

“You sure it’s Mindy?” asked her dad. He sits next to me. I just nod my head. “Why she do that?”

I don’t know. And I really wanna know. Two weeks before our wedding day? Why she do that?

*************************************to be continued**************************

No comments:

Post a Comment